Marquel World Information Technology

We allready update to new theme & 2 GDesign custom theme coming up. Stay tuned for more updates coming soon By: Admin Kosmyn and the rest of the staff of this support forum
ChatBox

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maw
If you download stuff
off the internet, most likely, you have encountered files having the
RAR extension. It’s the format of the popular archiving software WinRAR,
the purpose of which is to split big files into smaller chunks and to
lower the file size. However, there are times which they can be
corrupted due to several reasons such as the upload/download process,
problems with the server, internet connection, etc. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Ranting

This guide teaches you how to repair a corrupted RAR archive with the
help of Recovery Record, I made this guide because a lot of users are
having problems extracting the content(s) of the archive due to volume
corruption, CRC errors, etc (especially if the file is downloaded from
MediaFire, read about it here).
Maybe some of you already know about it, but a lot of users don’t,
especially newbies, so I created this guide for the sake of “noobs”. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

What you need:

- WinRAR, if you don’t have it, you can download it here.

- A little bit of common sense. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Rolleyes

Here we go. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

I downloaded a file split in 6 parts (200MB each) posted here (uploaded by jaymastergwapo). [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 831x676.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 1_Files

While I was extracting its content, I encountered an error saying that three parts are corrupted. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Upset

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 769x400.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 12_WinRARError

Instead of wasting bandwidth re-downloading the corrupted part(s), check
first if the archive has a Recovery Record. To check if it’s present,
check the Properties of the archive (Right-click >> Properties). [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Smile

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 2_Properties

If it’s present, you have a good chance of fixing the archive,
otherwise, sad to say, you can’t repair the archive. You can just
re-download the corrupted part or tell the uploader to re-upload it. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Mybad

Next step is to open any part with WinRAR and click the “Up one level”
button. Highlight the corrupted part(s) (in my case, there are three),
go to Tools and select “Repair Archive” or just simply press “Alt+R”. A
box will pop up and select “Treat the corrupt archive as RAR”, and click
“OK”. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 806x666.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 3_Treat

Then the repairing process will begin. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Clap

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 839x660.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 4_Repairing

Wait until you see the message “Done”, and then click “Close”. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Thumbsup

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 842x666.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 4_Repairingdone

New file(s) (in my case, there are three) will show up with their filename having the prefix “fixed.”.

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 828x671.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 5_Fixed

Move the corrupted part(s) in other location (I just created a folder inside that directory), just in case.

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 818x671.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 6_Move

After moving the part(s), rename the repaired file(s), just remove the
prefix “fixed.”, so that it’ll have the same file name along with the
other parts. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wink

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 822x675.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 7_Rename

After renaming the file(s), you can now extract the content(s) of the archive(s) without errors. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 816x665.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 8_Extract

In my case, it’s the Pacquiao-Cotto fight. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Wol_errorThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 830x674.
[TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record 9_End

This is just the most common case of repairing corrupted archives, there
are other cases which you have to use a Hex Editor to fix the archive.
I’ll make a guide on it when I find corrupted archives which suit that
case. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

Here’s a link to that type of case, though this guide is pretty much outdated. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Lol

Thanks for reading. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Smile

Feel free to ask questions. [TUT] Repairing Corrupted RAR Archives with Recovery Record Biggrin

View previous topic View next topic Back to top Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum